2012 Unsung Hero Award
Our annual “Unsung Hero Award” was presented by Ann Stewart and Peg Curtin. This year Michael Buscetto was awarded the recognition.
The Unsung Hero Award, as conferred by the club, shall be based on service to the community. It is an award of the club and it was established to honor a person within our community who has given volunteer service over the years without regard to recognition or reward.
The guidelines for selecting the recipient of the Unsung Hero Award include the following:
- 1.The recipient should be a volunteer who has worked in the community without recognition.
- 2.The recipient should be selected for community work that is not related to Rotary activities.
- 3.The recipient should be someone who has not been honored by an organization or public testimonial.
- 4.The recipient should be someone who has not held office in the sponsoring organization.
- 5.The recipient should be generally unknown to the majority of the community.
The Unsung Hero Committee, as appointed by the President, is responsible for the selection of each year's Unsung Hero. The award should traditionally be presented during National Volunteer Week, but may be presented at any other time.